Meeting the Press
Although many representatives of the press had gathered at the Mansion House, they were not too disappointed as there was further opportunity to meet Mr. Kasparov in the Clarence Hotel where he patiently sat with interviewers and conducted a press conference where members of the press and chess community asked probing questions on his manifesto for FIDE presidency. Garry was full of passion and ease as he spoke of his ideas for change.
In the conference room a sculpture of a very special chess set was displayed. The chess pieces and board were made with patinated and polished bronze, a cabision garnet in the kings crown and a diamond in the queens. This was a piece that was specially designed for the visit by renowned Irish sculptor Orla de Bri.
- Video - Patrick Freyne interviews Garry Kasparov for the Irish Times.
- James O'Brien writes for Hot Press Magazine.
- Patrick Freyne writes for the Irish Times.
- David Mc Alister writes on his IRL Chess blog.
- Ryan Tubridy interviews Garry Kasparov on The Late Late Show.
|Garry Kasparov speaks with Michael Diskin and sculptor Orla de Brí|
at the press conference in Dublin.
|Garry Kasparov arrives at the RTE studios|
for his interview on the Late Late Show.