The ICU is pleased to announce the Tralee Classic, a series of norm tournaments and supporting events, that will be held in the Rose Hotel, Tralee, Co Kerry from 13th-17th April 2017. For more information please contact the Tournament Organiser, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tralee Classic which will feature four separate sections:
- Section A - A GM-norm group with 10 players
- Section B - An IM-norm group with 10 players
- Section C - A FIDE rated group for players rated over 1900 with 10 players
- Section D - A FIDE rated open group for 10 players
Each section will be a 9 round all-play-all.
The tournament will take place in the Rose Hotel, Tralee, Co Kerry. The hotel has agreed the following rates for those taking part in the tournament:
- €69 per night (B&B) for a single room
- €45 per night (B&B) per person sharing
More information about the hotel is available here.
- Section A will aim to have an average rating of at least 2434 so that a score of 6.5/9 will be required for a GM-norm or 4.5/9 for an IM-norm.
- Section B will aim to have an average rating of at least 2325 so that a score of 6/9 will be required for an IM-norm
|Opening Ceremony||Thursday 13/04/17||17.30|
|Round 1||Thursday 13/04/17||18.00|
|Round 2||Friday 14/04/17||10.00|
|Round 3||Friday 14/04/17||16.00|
|Round 4||Saturday 15/04/17||10.00|
|Round 5||Saturday 15/04/17||16.00|
|Round 6||Sunday 16/04/17||10.00|
|Round 7||Sunday 16/04/17||16.00|
|Round 8||Monday 17/04/17||09.30|
|Round 9||Monday 17/04/17||14.30|
|Closing Ceremony||Monday 17/04/17||18.30 (approx.)|
Sections C & D will have a prizefund of €500 each.
- Players rated 2400 (FIDE) or above - €100
- Players rated 2300 (FIDE) or above - €150
- Players rated 2200 (FIDE) or above - €250
- Players rated 2300 (FIDE) or above - €100
- Players rated 2200 (FIDE) or above - €150
- Players rated 2050 (FIDE) or above - €250
For Sections A & B there is an entry surcharge of €25 for entries received after the 12th February 2017
Sections C & D
- GM/IM - Free
- Players rated 2300 (FIDE/ICU) or above - €60
- Players rated 1900 (FIDE/ICU) or above - €75
- Players under 18/over 65 as of April 1st 2017 - €40
For Sections C & D there is an entry surcharge of €25 for entries received after the 1st April 2017
- The tournament will be organised according to the FIDE Laws of Chess.
- All entries are provisional subject to confirmation from the Tournament Director.
- No travelling byes will be permitted and players must play all games that they are paired for during the event.
- The default time for all sections will be 45 minutes from the scheduled start time of the round.
- The time control for all sections will be 90 minutes for all moves + a 30-second increment beginning from move 1.
- The ICU reserves the right to permit a player rated under 1900 into Section C if the section will otherwise have less than 10 players.
- Players wishing to enter Sections A or B must contact the Tournament Director beforehand for confirmation that they can participate. This is to ensure that the norm groups will meet the FIDE requirements to be eligible for norms.
- As there are a limited number of places available, entries will close for each section once they have been filled. A reserve list will be created and players will be notified if a place becomes available.
- Pairings will be published beforehand and if possible before April 1st. Before the pairings are published the method for determining colours will be confirmed.
- This is not an exhaustive list of regulations and more may be added as the event approaches.
- The ICU will publish an up-to-date list of confirmed entrants on this site.