Changed on 08-Feb-2018 19:57:17 by John McMorrow authorized by AGM 2017
AGM 2017 on Sunday 24th September 2017
i) A person is eligible to be selected to play for Ireland if that person was born in either Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland - hereinafter Ireland - or had either one or both parents born in Ireland, or is a citizen of the Republic of Ireland. They must be registered on the FIDE Rating List under IRL.
ii) To be considered for selection, a person not qualifying under the above criterion must, for the period immediately preceding the 1st of January of the year in which the representative international tournament is scheduled to take place, have been:
• resident in Ireland for a period of not less than two years; and
• registered on the FIDE Rating List under IRL for a period of not less than one year.
iii) Every player who wishes to be considered for selection for a representative international tournament must also fulfil the following minimum activity criteria in the 24 months preceding the first date on which the International Selection Committee meets to consider selection of players for the tournament. Failure to meet this criteria would exclude that player from selection for the tournament in question. This date will be taken as March 1st in the year of the representative international tournament unless otherwise stated by the ICU Executive Committee. Games played in a representative International tournament shall not reckon towards the qualification thresholds:
• 30 rated games (at standard time controls of at least 75 minutes per player), at least 18 of which must be played in Ireland; or
• 24 rated games provided this includes at least one of the two Irish Championship held in the defined period above for the representative international tournament.
• Female players are required to play 24 ICU rated games in the defined period above to qualify for the women’s team.
iv) The Irish Championship listed on this document refers only to the 9-round event which decides the Irish Champion and no other supporting or related events:
• The Irish Champion shall be the highest placed player registered on the FIDE Rating List under IRL in the Irish Championship which may be decided by tie-break if necessary.
• The Irish Champion shall be selected automatically for the next Olympiad Open team. Where the Irish Championship concludes too late to include the Champion for that year in the next Olympiad due to its timing, the Champion shall be automatically selected for the following Olympiad Open team.
v) Not more than one third of a representative international team (including substitutes), may be made up of players who qualify under 2.
|Version||Created||Authorized by||Changed By|
|1||2018-02-08 19:25:45 UTC||John McMorrow||John McMorrow||View|
|2||2018-02-08 19:26:56 UTC||John McMorrow||John McMorrow||View|
|3||2018-02-08 19:57:17 UTC||AGM 2017||John McMorrow||View|
|4||2018-11-27 20:19:10 UTC||AGM 2017||John McMorrow||View|
|5*||2018-11-27 20:19:41 UTC||AGM 2017||John McMorrow||View|